Friday 21 November 2014

DENIM NOSTALGIA






Theres something about this old Levis jacket which intrigues me deeply. This piece of denim was found in an op-shop in Paris, a shop which had the typical op-shop smell, small, no changing rooms, sequins, leather, denim, lace lined the racks. This jacket is actually mens probably explains why it's so big but also so comfortable. I think what intrigues me most about this jacket is the story of the person who wore it before me, were they French, how old were they, what year did they buy it, did they have their first kiss in it, first cigarette? Were they wearing this at a concert, in a cafe, cuddled up to a girlfriend or boyfriend, was it something they borrowed and never gave back? I've already made memories in this jacket and I want to pass it on to another so they can create memories in it. Maybe i'm just being nostalgic, but this worn piece of denim is something I love dearly,

What I'm Wearing
:
Jacket: Leivs (vintage)
Dress: Villa
Shoes: Converse
Bag: Country Road
Sunglasses: Coach 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment